Saturday, September 6, 2008

Happenings - Week 35, 2008

This weekend was the Parent Teacher Meeting at the Rosaryhill school. Wai and I woke up at 8am and started to get ready for it. The meeting was for the principle to tell us a little more about the approach of the school, what to expect, and how we can prepare our self and our child better for it.

My eyes started to feel warm and I had to hold back my tears as we watched the video about these little 2 year olds in school. It is such a bitter sweet feeling to know that my little girl will soon be that independant and we will not be the only ones in her life. I can't imagine how I would be on her wedding day. I started to feel a pinch of regret and tempted to keep her home for another year.

At this moment, a friend's words came into my mind. Once an older friend of mine told me that being a parent is not only about teaching a child, but more often than we realise, its the child teaching us.

Being a control freak that I was, it was time that I have to learn to let go. I have to learn to accept and trust others to take care of my little T for me. (When we first got a domestic helper, I had a IP cam installed at home so I can watch what's going on. It was only after many months that I stopped watching the IP cam every hour)I have to learn that I cannot control what goes on at school, but instead have to adapt myself to the school's approach.

When we got home, I spent the rest of the day getting T's school things ready. Labelling her bags, washing her lunch box, cups, etc... sewing tags on her uniform etc... Trying to make everything look the best that it can, wanting her to have the best. It kind of felt like preparing her wedding trousseau.